1. Songs and Dance : Play some good music and let the kid dance, ofcourse dance along. Chintu loves to dance to our traditional band music, we still dance crazily at home nobody is watching so just enjoy with your baby. Sometimes he demands dancing late night when everyone is already sleeping and you know what all three of us dance (mom,dad and son) #familygoals .
2. Copy Cat : Do whatever your child is doing-crawl along, spin in circles, make faces just anything just do it.
3. The cup game : All you need is a few cups – say 4 to 5 cups and a small favourite toy. You can hide the toy underneath one of the cups, shuffle the cups and then let your child to look for the toy. Encourage your child to find the toy and when he find the it join along, enjoy his success. Simple things mean a lot to them.
4. Homemade instruments : Just give them a stainless steel vessel/container with a spoon and they can play for hours with it- Chintu did and still does. Fill in some grains/pulses,beads,water into different bottles , close the lids and give it. Let them shake and explore different sounds.
5. Talk to your child : Practice different animal sounds, have long conversations ( helps them share their emotions), take a slow walk outside and identify different sounds around.
6. Blow some bubbles : Aren’t bubbles a big love for all ages. I don’t need to say anything about them. Just blow some bubbles and watch the kid enjoy / play around.