Newspaper art as a bookish play . We have been reading this book called “What are Germs? – Usborne” for a while now. For the book review CLICK HERE
Today we decided to go with a fun bookish play, with this book that Chintu has been enjoying. We made these super cute germs using newspapers.
Things required :
- water colours
- a marker
- stapler (you can also use a thread and needle – to sew)
- More paper – cut paper into small pieces
How is this newspaper art done?
- Draw your desired shapes on the newspaper, its your choice, so here for us its germs. We drew some germs referring to our book (Flu,cold,chicken pox,tummy bugs,infections…) – make two of each shape that your doing.
- Staple the corners, let one end free for you to proceed with the net step.
- Now through the free end, fill the shape with pieces of paper.
- Once done with the filling, staple the free end.
- Start painting.
Adding pieces of paper as filling gives the shape a puffy feel. This adds more fun to the art work. We later used these germs for pretend play.
This fabulous idea of using the newspaper is inspired by @mbsactivityroom
“Blogging is difficult. I am learning how to grow my blog with Neha from here . In case if you are interested – learn how to grow your blog. Join this amazing challenge here. In this learn how to grow your blog will link to this post here