What is required ?
- food colour
How to make/prepare ?
Method 1 :
- Cook the spaghetti .
- Drain if there is any excess water
- split the spaghetti into different bowls/zip lock covers (depending on how many colours you want to make )
- Add the food colour of your choice to all the bowls / ziplock covers. Do one at a time
- Then mix it really well
- Set it aside for 5-10 mins
- Most important step- wash the coloured spaghetti in running water (cold water) 2-3 times to remove the excess food colour
- Drain the spaghetti really well
- Ready for use
Method 2 :
- Add food colour to the water and cook the spaghetti in it. Only one colour at a time is possible. For each colour you need to cook separately
- Once cooked drain it well
- Ready to use
Fine motor development – Scissors skill: for toddlers just starting to use scissors, cutting spaghetti using scissors is a great option.
Sensory play : This is a super good option for sensory play. It’s got a totally different texture and the kids will love to mess with it. My boy had immense fun. He messed around so much and was super crazy. There is definitely a lot of cleaning to be done in the end, you can do it together
Please follow and like us: