There are a few important pointers that I wanted to share about board games, things that I personally observed.
Various skills are being developed :
- Understanding and following instructions
- Learning to take turns to play
- Accepting to win and to lose
- Observation skill develops
- Language skill develops
- Learns to play as a team – teamwork
- Develops patience
- Learning to make decisions -Problem solving (planning/analysing/execution)
- Attention span increases
- Family bonding gets beautiful (when played with the family)
- Social interaction develops
- An healthy competition develops
Board games is one of the easiest way to get your kids some screen free time.
Apart from all these pointers that I’ve mentioned there is something absolutely takes over – it is “Family time” that we get, everyone is involved, no devices for distraction. Various emotions are staged like a smiling face, serious face, cunning look much more. A favourite snack as an add on will make it last even longer.
The family laughs together and creates memories.
If you don’t have any board games right now, wait for it, ill share a few DIY games that you can play as a family.